Message from The A Level Coordinator
“ Education, knowledge and learning are mutual responsibilities amongst devoted teachers, motivated students and zealous parents with high expectations.”
The role of an academic institution is not only to pursue academic excellence but also to motivate and empower its students to be lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and productive members of an ever-changing global society. At the Intellect School we provide an atmosphere to our students for heterogeneous development , where students are encouraged to channelize their true potential. This can only be possible in a comprehensive, student centric environment. The abilities, skills and the achievements need to be nurtured and encouraged so that the student is able to attain the heights of achievements. The Intellect School A Levels provides them opportunities to exhibit and express their skills other than providing them with good education. The school is diligently working to make the best possible efforts to inculcate strong values combined with academics in the students. At the Intellect, academic excellence is a major thrust and because of this we have put a great deal of effort in hiring the best teachers for our students.
Parents are the most strengthening power in constructing the future of their children. Their consistent support helps us to do our best. We humbly pay our gratitude to them for supporting us and believing in us. We strongly believe that by the will of Allah (swt), Intellect will prosper and will become stronger, adding a new leaf to the grandeur of the school.
The mission of The Intellect School is to develop our students academically, spiritually and physically; thereby producing leaders who strive to bring a positive change in society.
The Intellect will serve as our flagship school to promulgate our goals and in the establishment of a network of schools within Pakistan and abroad that revolutionize education by integrating Islamic values and principles with our main stream curriculum.
The Intellect School follows a planned academic calendar – provided to parents at the commencement of the academic year.
Classes are scheduled from Monday to Friday. Extra classes, if required, will take place after regular classes end, or on Saturdays. School timings are from 7:50 AM – 2:30 PM.
School-sponsored student activities may also be scheduled after school, or on Saturdays.
Exams will be conducted twice in a year. Midterm Examinations will be conducted in the month of December and
Mock Examination will be conducted in the month of March.
Every month class tests will be conducted. Monthly progress report will be send to the parents.
The curriculum has the following key features:
- In-depth subject content
- Promotes independent thinking
- Provides opportunities to apply knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Students are taught to
–handle and evaluate different types of information sources
–think logically and present ordered and coherent arguments
–make judgments, recommendations and decisions.
The Intellect School is affiliated with, and all subjects are offered through, the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE). The Centre Number is PK589.
|A*||90 – 100|
|A||80 – 89|
|B||70 – 79|
|C||60 – 69|
|D||50 – 59|
|E||40 – 49|
|U||Less than 40|
|Subjects||Q1 (50 marks)||Q2 (50 marks)||Mock exam (100)||Percentage||Grade|
- In order for the students to succeed at The Intellect, they are expected to preserve and uphold the values in their conduct at all times, and in doing so, maintain high academic values. Students found acting in contradiction to these values will face disciplinary action.
The following actions will be deemed as direct violation of the discipline policy of the Intellect:
- Being disrespectful towards a teacher, staff member or fellow student
- Failure to adhere to instructions issued by a teacher or staff member
- Uninformed absences
- Cheating on a test, assignment or exam
- Plagiarizing other people’s work, ideas and/or research
- Bullying or harassing other students in any way.
- Conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person.
- Engaging in a physical or abusive verbal altercation with another student
- Damaging and/or vandalizing the school’s property
- Using foul language
- Furnishing false information for Intellect records – grades, contact information and application data
- Use of mobile phones inside the premises.
- If a student engages in any of the behaviors listed above, she will be required to report to a senior staff member immediately and her parents will be notified.
Parents along with the students will be asked to meet with the Principal in case of serious or repeated violations.
The Principal, after contacting all the individuals involved, will reach a consensus on the consequences to be faced by the student. These may include disciplinary probation, suspension, being asked to withdraw enrollment or direct expulsion.
- Attendance is of the utmost importance. The Intellect expects students to attend school regularly and be present for all classes, tests, examinations and relevant school activities during the entire school year.
- Students are expected to maintain 95% attendance. All students must be in school when school is in session unless otherwise noted. If a student is late to class, it is the teacher’s discretion to mark her absent.
- Parents will be notified if a student’s attendance is low. In certain situations, parents may be called in for a meeting to discuss absenteeism. All correspondence regarding this issue will be put in the student file.
- Attendance statistics also appear on students’ records. Students with low attendance may face difficulty in securing admission to higher education institutions
- Students or their parents are required to notify the management beforehand about any absences in writing.
- If a student is sick for three days or more, a medical certificate must be obtained, and prior to returning to class, must be submitted to the administration office. If no written excuse is delivered, the absence will be noted as ‘unauthorized’.
- Unauthorized leave may result in detention.
- Students are advised to not schedule medical or any other appointments during school hours.
- Students wishing to travel for Umrah, family weddings or any other purpose must notify administration well before the planned holidays.
- In the event that a student is absent from an examination, the school must be notified as soon as possible before or on the day of the exam. An application explaining the absence must be submitted along with a medical certificate (if applicable) within 3 working days.
- Haj absence will be excused for 30 days (Inclusive of weekends).The Intellect will provide holidays as per Government directives and / or religious festivals.
Our young students regularly have motivational talks which are based on further enhancement of their physical, emotional, mental health within the perimeters of their faith and deen.
Bake Sales / Carnival / Eid Milan Party
Students get to enjoy internal events such as carnivals, Eid Milan parties along with bake sales and similar events held at school.
Students get the opportunity to go on excursions.
Our goal is understanding and exemplifying good library behaviour along with listening skills. Literature awareness is brought about through introduction of famous authors and illustrators. Children, along with learning the basic rules of library get the understanding of different elements of story such as theme, setting, plot and characters. The library is regularly updated to keep the love and excitement alive.
Students get the opportunity to go to the science lab where they get to do multiple activities and experiments.
Our admission procedure commences with an announcement of registration for the next academic session. Parents are provided registration dates during which they can register their child by filling in a registration form and submitting relevant documents. Parents are charged a non-refundable registration fee after which the child is eligible for an entry interview.
After the registration, students are then interviewed to gauge their eligibility for admissions. There is no formal testing for the students applying for A Levels. Admission is based jointly on interview held with parents as well as behavioural assessment of the candidate and Letter of Recommendation from the last attended institute.
After the interviews are held, parents of successful candidates are informed accordingly and are then given a deadline within which pay order must be submitted. It is only after submission of pay order that admission is finalized.
Please read the following information carefully before completing the application.
- The Intellect offers a two-year programme of studies; at the end of each year students sit for the University of Cambridge AS and A Level examinations.
- Candidates are admitted on the basis of O Level results, academic and cocurricular achievements, and recommendation from their previous institution.
- For the A level programme, students can opt for a minimum of three and a maximum of four A Level subjects.
- Subject choices are reviewed by the A level Coordinator and finalized after O Level results are submitted.
- Candidates applying for admission should have completed a minimum of five O Level subjects (excluding Pakistan Studies and Islamiyat) with a minimum grade of B.
- Candidates must submit the following supporting documents with their application:
a) Official school transcripts for classes IX, X and XI
b) Official or projected O Level grades.
c) Recommendation from the principal of the previous school
d) Teacher’s recommendation(s)
e) Copies of certificates for honours, awards and commendations
f) Three passport size colour photographs
g) 3 Copies of National ID cards of both parents and student. (Pakistani Nationals)
h) Copies of first two pages of passport of both the parents or guardian. (Foreign Nationals)
7- Candidates are responsible to ensure that their application and supporting documents are complete and submitted on time. The Intellect reserves the right to revoke admission or enrolment if any false, inaccurate or omitted information is found at any time during a student’s enrollment at The Intellect.
8- The Admission Committee reviews all applications and its decision is final.
9- Official O Level results must be submitted to the Admissions Office within seven days of being received by the candidate. Any significant variance from projected grades will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
10- The students enrolled at The Intellect cannot sit for any other examination(s) without taking written permission from the Principal.
We are currently offering the following A Level subjects – taught at the AS and A Levels:
- SOCIOLOGY:Cambridge International AS and A Level Sociology 9699
Ideal for students interested in society’s behaviour, patterns and historic development.
- ECONOMICS:Cambridge International AS and A Level Economics 9708
Ideal for those hoping to go into careers in accounting or finance. Also a good supplement to math/science courses.
- MATHEMATICS: Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics 9709.
Essential preparation for most careers.
- BIOLOGY: Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology 9700
Ideal for students interested in pursuing Medicine, Nursing or Biological sciences.
- CHEMISTRY: Cambridge International AS and A Level Chemistry 9701
Essential for most careers in science, technology, engineering and medicine.
- PHYSICS:Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics 9702
Essential for most careers in science, technology, engineering and medicine.
- Accounting: Cambridge International AS and A Level Accounting 9706
Ideal for those students interested to go into careers in Accounting and Finance.
- Business Studies: Cambridge International AS and A Level Business Studies 9609
Ideal for young entrepreneurs and students interested in corporate business. Goes well with Economics, Maths and English.
The duration of each A Level course is two academic years. A subject will be offered if a minimum of 3 students opt for it. Each student may select a minimum of three subjects and a maximum of four subjects.
- Students are awarded scholarships in order to enable them to experience The Intellect’s unique learning experience and Islamic environment. We value deserving candidates who apply for scholarships, and make the best effort to accommodate them.
- Students who have received scholarships are expected to maintain high standards of academic performance and discipline.
- A scholarship may be revoked if a student fails to meet the academic and behavioral expectations.
Please note that The Intellect School does not provide transportation to its students directly. For this purpose, students are requested to avail private van services, available within premises of the school or as per their convenience.
- White shoes with white socks.
- Make up is not allowed in school. Moreover, jewellery is also prohibited.
- Girls’ hair should be kept back. If long it should be tied neatly.
- Nails should be properly trimmed. Painted nails are not allowed.
- Only plain, dark blue sweaters available at the prescribed uniform dealer are allowed.