The Foundation of The Intellect School is Based on the Following Principles:
Tawhid /God-Conscious: Is aware of Allah SWT and the inter-connectedness of creation in all that one thinks, feels and does.
Tazkiyah/Principled: Has a sound grasp of principles of moral reasoning and a commitment to self-reflection, self-direction, and moral action, with an emphasis on integrity, honesty, compassion and justice.
Hikmah/Knowledgeable: Has a deep understanding of the major patterns and recurring issues of humankind and the impact of significant events and discoveries on the course of human development.
Istiqamah/Well Balanced: Understands the scope and importance of balance and well-being in one’s personal and collective life and actively works to establish it therein.
Ihsan/Cooperative: Has an understanding of the role of good communications, cooperation, fairness and friendship in establishing and maintaining meaningful and healthy relations between individuals and groups.
Deen/Committed: Has a commitment to a lifestyle consistent with the principles and practices of Islam, especially as reflected in one’s daily interactions with others.
Amanah/Caring: Has a strong sense of caring, stewardship, service and social activism, as well as deep commitment to using one’s life to make a difference in the world.
In order for The Intellect School to succeed in helping our children become successful Muslims that make us all proud, the school and parents must work together towards the betterment of our children’s attitudes and behaviour, for their child.
The Discipline Policy is based on the principles of Islam derived from the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. As Muslims we are expected to behave with self-discipline and noble conduct in every situation. It is related that the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said, “I was only sent to perfect noble character” (Ahmed).
Therefore, at The Intellect School, one of our main goals is to nurture self-discipline and noble conduct amongst our students. We are also committed to the development and maintenance of a learning environment that is safe, secure and conducive to effective learning.
Discipline at our school is an educational process in which a sense of responsibility, self-awareness and making good choices is fostered. We believe that the most effective discipline is using preventive measures. We continually work towards improving the school environment by establishing policies that promote morality and good conduct while minimizing or eliminating the causes of poor behavior.
We trust that the application of these rules will enhance our efforts in developing a strong moral system, help our students to take responsibility of their own actions and make positive choices throughout their lives. The parents must work with the school, as a team, to help promote self-discipline and excellence in the student’s lives.
Students must remember that they are expected to behave responsibly in and out of the school and to consider themselves as representatives of Islam and The Intellect School at all times.
GENERAL CLASSROOM RULES
- Students are expected to be on time for class. Unexcused tardiness is not permitted. Students are considered tardy when they are not in their seats, prepared for class.
- Students must always be polite, courteous and considerate. If a student wants something, he/she should raise his/her hand, and wait until he/she is recognized by the teacher.
- Whenever there is a guest in the room, he/she must be treated with respect.
- Students must have the correct books and equipment for the lesson.
- The student is in a school to learn. If a student does not understand something he/she should ask. It is his / her responsibility to ask for work missed. Extra help will be available to anyone who requests it.
- Food, drinks, snack, gum, etc. are not allowed in any classroom except in appropriate times, as allowed by the teachers.
- To keep the classroom neat and tidy.
- A basic right of each student at The Intellect School is the right to learn, without interference by the behaviour of another student. This right must be protected. Students who continuously disrupt the learning of other students by unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Thus at The Intellect School, giving priority to the teaching staff’s time to teach, as opposed to dealing with disciplinary and attendance problems is important.
- The bell does not dismiss the class – the teacher does. Before leaving class each student is responsible for cleaning the area around his/ her desk or work area.
The Intellect School was founded in 2007 as an Islamic School. Since then, we have expanded many folds. We now have a strength of 2227 students.
Although throughout the years we have increased in number but there is one thing that has never changed: Our commitment towards the holistic development of the students thereby producing practicing Muslims who strive in Allah (S.W.T.)’s Path, helping humanity and spreading the Word of Allah.. We are further more committed to providing quality education. Besides this the tarbiyat of the students, and also to develop them as good, responsible and educated Muslims is our top priority.
We are also committed to provide a rich environment for inquiry, research, and practice for teachers, school administrators, so as to develop leaders in education.
Our commitment to educating the whole person from pre-kindergarten through the school years is reflected in programs throughout our school.