- Providing continued interest and concern for the child’s successful performance in school through encouraging and supporting the child in his/her performance of homework assigned
- Indicating an interest about assignments and assisting, if possible, when requested by the child, but not to include performing the work for the child
- Supporting the school in regard to the students’ being assigned homework
- Requesting assignments for students when short term absences are involved
- Assisting the school in stressing the importance of reading and its benefits
- Assuring that students read for a period of at least 30 minutes each day in addition to any other assigned homework.