The first ten days of Zulhijjah are among the most magnificent days in Islamic calendar. The Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم has said:
“One fast during these days is equal to the fasting of one complete year, and the worship of one night during this period is equal to the worship in the “Lailatul-Qadr”.
In order to highlight the significance of these ten days, you are encouraged to practice some of the following at home with your children.
- Share the virtues and practices of month of Zilhajj 5 minutes daily. (httpss://www.albalagh.net/general/zulhijjah.shtml)
- Story time: Recall the story of Hazrat Ibrahim and Hazrat Ismail عليه السلام
- As a family focus on being regular and punctual in Prayers and daily Tilawat
- Memorize and recite Takbeer-ut-Tashriq
- Fast on the day of Arafah, i.e. 9th Zilhajj
- Increase good deeds and avoid sins. Plan and practice to overcome one bad habit
- Nurture kindness towards animals
- Practice the Sunnahs of Eid
May Allah accept the intentions and efforts from all of us, may He enable us to fulfill the responsibilities of Tarbiyah of our children and our own spiritual development. May He protect and bless our country and unite the Muslim Ummah holding tight to His Rope.
Ameen summa Ameen!
The Intellect School